On Call: Android's biggest flaw | Update News IT Security and News Technology - blogthongD
    Home     |     Android     |     iPhone     |     Apple     |     Google

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On Call: Android's biggest flaw

In a few months, operating system, Google Android has come a long way to go. We have seen a steady stream of new phones and new updates to the Android Market has increased and the operating system took center stage at CES, 2010.

Since September, I welcomed these developments. I like Android and the idea of openness and choice of the client he represents. Thus, as the operating system expands and enriches the world of mobile phones, I was a little opposition. I will continue to work to identify gaps separate Android phones - that's what I get paid, and it does not mean that I have iPhone Fanboy, - but I also give, where appropriate.

Take, for example, one communication. During the week I spent with the phone, I admire her dress a little. It is very fast, the screen is beautiful and provides new features android family. But even with all this good, which is currently the phone lacks some important features (see our review for full list). And what's this lack of opportunity to illustrate the major disadvantage over Android's.

So far I have reviewed six phones Android, and each of them was a completely different experience. On the design front, as expected - it was partly the reason for Android - and although I do not always agree, I'm okay with manufacturers to add their own layers of interface, as HTC or MotoBlur Sense.

With regard to the functions, however, the lack of uniformity rather disturbing. Each device has its strengths its functionality, but I have not found the phone Android, which brings together all these forces in a single device. Just look at the list of devices with Android past five months. Along with each phone, which I have listed the important features it offers. If I did not include the feature next to the device, we can assume it does not give such an opportunity.

Nexus: Here you will find options for mounting the camera and flash interface options Home Screen, double-click zoom, as well as enhanced voice control. Debut with Android 2.1.

Motorola Droid: Perspectives synchronize calendar, the options for mounting the camera, and then double-click zoom. He debuted with 2,0 Android, which combines several other improvements as a single e-mail address in the box and search text messages.

Motorola Cliq: synchronized with Outlook Calendar and schedule together, these two personal meetings and the work includes editing capabilities included. Debut with Android 1.5.

HTC Droid Eris Hero: Editing options include proposals, support for Flash Lite web browser, Pinch and multitouch-Zoom, synchronizing Outlook calendar and schedule together. Debut with Android 1.5.

Samsung Voice II: synchronization of calendar, Outlook, camera flash and editing capabilities, and improved Media Player. Debuted with Android 1.5

Samsung moments: Bring your calendar synchronization Outlook, Flash, and combined graph. Debut with Android 1.5.

As you can see, there is not an element of the list above, which are on all devices. If I want to pinch and zoom, I choose if I want to synchronize the calendar of Outlook, I have a choice, but if I want to as I have no choice. This situation may change in the near future, but now I can not have it all. And I want it all that Android device, which gives me everything.

The list also highlights the second fault of the OS updates. Currently, Google does not require, when carriers upgrade if you find yourself with a number of fairly mixed OS versions from 1,5 to 2,1. I understand that in the absence of such conditions reflects the spirit of Android, customers do not have to wait for months to update the OS, if they each received yesterday. I urge manufacturers and carriers to ensure a more concerted effort to these updates quickly.

Android is not perfect, I want a better Media Player, there is no native file manager, the options for hands-free calls are limited, and you can store applications in memory. But even these flaws, which I am sure will change over time, are dwarfed by landscape feature, it's all at stake. Hopefully we will see a more cohesive as time passes. There are so many things to talk about Android already, it can do better.

0 Comment: